Passion for the Environment Driven by Core Values
Our family of nine diversified companies specializes in solutions for proper, environmentally-sensitive recycling and solid waste management.
About Bayshore Recycling
Established in 1995 by Valerie and Frank Montecalvo, our NJDEP licensed and approved facilities have become a premier destination for the recycling of concrete, asphalt, brick, block, bulky waste, construction debris, non-hazardous petroleum contaminated soil and other diverse materials. Our facilities, also known as New Jersey’s eco-complex and energy campus, are headquartered in the Keasbey section of Woodbridge Township, NJ. The site boasts Raritan River frontage via convenient access to road, barge, and class-1 railroad.
Energy conservation and renewable energy are at the center of the company’s Business Plan. In 2008, the company installed a 679 kilowatt (9,365 panels) rooftop solar energy system that assisted in powering the operations. In 2018, Bayshore added an additional 1,500 panel, 423-kilowatt rooftop solar energy system that was installed on our next largest building structure. Bayshore also plans to add wind and biomass to energy technology to its diverse operations, and collectively energy produced will complete its corporate vision to operate 100% green businesses powered by 100% renewable energy.
Bayshore is also certified as a Woman Owned Business (WBE) in New Jersey as well as an ISNetworld network certified toward connecting corporations with safe, reliable contractors/suppliers from capital-intensive industries. We also help clients meet their sustainable building goals through materials recovery services that achieve valued LEED credits.
Bayshore Family of Companies
Bayshore Recycling (Bayshore) and its family of companies consists of nine separate and distinct recycling operations within its 58-acre eco-complex and energy campus in the Keasbey section of Woodbridge, Twp., New Jersey. Each company contributes environmental benefit by reintroducing materials into the economic mainstream which would otherwise be disposed of in landfills.
Boasting six fully operational truck scales, riverfront barge capability and active class-1 railroad, the Bayshore facilities are conveniently and centrally accessible to all major thoroughfares in New Jersey’s tri-state region.
Bayshore is permitted by the NJDEP to accept over 10,000 tons per day of approved material. We can accommodate all projects and have the ability to operate 24-hours per day, 7 days a week.
Appointed Positions and Memberships:
Appointed Positions and Memberships: The Bayshore Family of Companies and owners Valerie and Frank Montecalvo are committed to professional, business, environmental and civic engagement well beyond the scope of their existing companies with annual participation and support of public, private and non-profit organizations. The owners Valerie and Frank Montecalvo and members of their Senior Management Team participate as appointed representatives of the following organizations:
- The Nature Conservancy: Valerie Montecalvo, Trustee
- Monmouth University: Valerie Montecalvo, Trustee
- Woodbridge Economic Development Corporation (WEDCO): Valerie Montecalvo, Trustee
- Clean Ocean Action, (COA) Valerie Montecalvo, Trustee
- Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey (CIANJ), Valerie Montecalvo, Trustee
- Monmouth Conservation Foundation, Valerie Montecalvo, Trustee
- Robert Wood Johnson/Monmouth Medical Hospital Foundation (RWJ/MMC) Valerie Montecalvo, Trustee
- Association of New Jersey Recyclers: Jennifer Solewski, Board Member
- State Advisory Council on Solid Waste Management: Gary Sondermeyer, Board Member, Governor’s Appointment
- Middlesex County Solid Waste Advisory Council (SWAC): Gary Sondermeyer, First Vice Chair
- Woodbridge Township Brownfield Development Area Steering Committee: Gary Sondermeyer, Board Member
- Woodbridge Metro Chamber of Commerce: Brittany Murphy, Board Member
- Sustainable Jersey: Gary Sondermeyer, Board of Trustees, Waste Management Action Area Leader, Certification Standards Committee Member & Schools Steering Committee Member
- New Jersey Climate Adaptation Alliance: Gary Sondermeyer, Board and Steering Committee
- National Waste & Recycling Association: Gary Sondermeyer, New Jersey Chapter Board Member
- New Jersey Clean Cities Coalition: John Davies, Board Member
- Highlands Land Use Board: Frank Montecalvo, Member
- Highlands Green Team: Valerie Montecalvo, Member
- Count Basie Center for the Arts: Valerie Montecalvo, Board Member
Bayshore/Montecalvo Family of Companies Awards and Recognitions
The Bayshore/Montecalvo family of businesses are dedicated to recycling and sustainability. The businesses started in 1976 and evolved over the years. Valerie and Frank take great pride in the operations and have been honored with numerous awards including:
- The Nature Conservancy: Valerie Montecalvo, Trustee
- 2019--Jersey Shore Partnership—Bayshore/Montecalvo Family of Companies/ Environmental Sustainability and Energy Conservation Award
- 2019 CIANJ Environmental Stewardship—Bayshore Recycling Corp
- 2018 CIANJ Companies that Care—Bayshore Recycling Corp
- 2018 CIANJ Best Practices—Bayshore Family of Companies
- 2017 Valerie & Frank Montecalvo Honorees—Monmouth Park Charity Foundation—14h Annual Kentucky Derby Day Celebration
- 2017—Valerie and Frank Montecalvo Induction to the National Construction & Demolition Recycling Hall of Fame in recognition of their lifetime achievement and pioneering efforts in recycling.
- 2016 Distinguished Business Leader Award—Valerie Montecalvo-Monmouth University
- 2016 Woman of Distinction—Valerie Montecalvo--Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
- 2015 Goodwill Ambassador Award—Valerie Montecalvo--Puerto Rican Association for Human Development
- James Catholic Church Alumni Award—Valerie & Frank Montecalvo for Community Advocacy
- 2015 Environmental Leadership Award—Bayshore Recycling Corp—EarthShare NJ
- 2014 Outstanding Corporate Citizen Award—Bayshore Recycling Corp--NJ League of Municipalities
- 2014 Outstanding Corporate Citizen Award—Bayshore Recycling Corp--Sustainable New Jersey
- 2014 Oak Leaf Award—Corporate Honoree—Bayshore Recycling Corp--The Nature Conservancy NJ Chapter
- 2014 Impressive Good Works Award--Commerce & Industry Association of NJ
- 2014 Best Practices Award-- Commerce & Industry Association of NJ
- 2014 Growing Business Award--Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce
- 2014 Professional Women in Construction, New Jersey Chapter – Valerie Montecalvo--Women of Distinction
- 2014 Recognition for Contributing to the Quality of Life—ConExpo-Con/Agg, Las Vegas
- 2014 Donor Recognition Award to Frank & Valerie Montecalvo—St. John Vianney H.S.
- 2013“Rosie Award” by Waste and Recycling News—Valerie Montecalvo
- Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey (CIANJ) 2013 Woman of Distinction—Valerie Montecalvo
- 2013 Leading Women Entrepreneur and Business Owner Finalist—Valerie Montecalvo
- 2013 Middlesex County Chairperson for the 75th Annual “March For Babies” to advance the cause of the March of Dimes to reduce premature childbirth;
- 2012 Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) Central Jersey Honoree for philanthropic service to the organization;
- 2012 Top 25 New Jersey “Leading Women Entrepreneurs and Business Owners Award” – Valerie Montecalvo, President of Bayshore Recycling;
- New York/New Jersey Bay Keeper Environmental Excellence Award;
- 2012 NJDEP once again recognized Bayshore Recycling Corp for its efforts to advance “Environmental Stewardship” for voluntary and proactive measures taken to go beyond compliance in an effort to improve the environment and ensure a sustainable future in the areas of:
- Environmental Purchasing Policy
- Community Outreach Program
- Green Building Implementation
- Materials Conservation
- Renewable Energy Use
- Employee Trip Reduction
- Innovative Recycling Programs
- 2011 Governor’s Environmental Excellence Award presented to Valerie Montecalvo, President, Bayshore Recycling Corp in the category of Environmental Leadership;
- 2011 NJ Future “Innovative Industrial Sustainability” award presented to Bayshore Recycling Corp & Woodbridge Township.
- 2011 NJBIZ 50 Best Women in Business—Valerie Montecalvo, President, Bayshore Recycling Corp.
- 2011 Women in the Workplace to Valerie Montecalvo—Magic 98.3
- 2011 CMRA (Construction Materials Recycling Association) “Mixed C& D Recycling of the Year” Montecalvo Material Recovery Facility-Frank Montecalvo, President.
- 2011 “Woman of Distinction” to Valerie Montecalvo from Girl Scouts of Central & Southern NJ.
- 2010 Edison Chamber of Commerce Distinguished Accomplishments Awards—Bayshore Recycling Corp-- “Outstanding Green Business of the Year Award.”
- 2010 NJBIZ Finalists for Business of the Year 101+ for Bayshore Recycling Corp.
- 2009 NJBIZ Finalists for Executive of the Year—Valerie Montecalvo, President, Bayshore Recycling Corp.
- 2009 Central Jersey Chapter of the American Conference for Diversity” Corporate Citizen of the Year” to Bayshore Recycling Corp.
- 2008 NJDEP recognized Bayshore Recycling Corp for its voluntary and proactive measures taken to go beyond compliance in “Environmental Stewardship.”
- 2007 CMRA (Construction Materials Recycling Association) “Concrete/Asphalt Recycling Facility of the Year” Award—Bayshore Recycling Corp.
- April of 2007, Bayshore Recycling Corp was recognized and honored by the NJDEP with a Certificate of Appreciation for long-term success of the state’s recycling program for their recycling efforts.
- 2006 Bayshore Recycling Corp was the recipient of the Woodbridge Township Metro Chamber of Commerce’s “Corporate Citizen of the Year.”
NJBIZ recognized Bayshore Recycling Corp as one of the top 250 Private Businesses in NJ in 2016, 2017, 2018. NJBIZ has recognized Valerie Montecalvo as a Top Women-Owned Business in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. NJBIZ has recognized Bayshore Recycling Corp as a Top Waste and Recycling Company in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. NJBIZ has recognized Montecalvo Disposal Services, Inc. as a Top Waste and Recycling Company in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Waste & Recycling News recognized Bayshore Recycling as a one of the Top 100 Businesses in the US and Canada in 2011 & 2012.
Discover Bayshore's Project Get Green®
Our is mission to instill vision through education and drive environmental change.